The Return of the King: Book Three in the Lord of the Rings Trilogy

Category: Books,Science Fiction & Fantasy,Fantasy,Epic

The Return of the King: Book Three in the Lord of the Rings Trilogy Details

The Return of the King is the towering climax to J. R. R. Tolkien's trilogy that tells the saga of the hobbits of Middle-earth and the great War of the Rings. In this concluding volume, Frodo and Sam make a terrible journey to the heart of the Land of the Shadow in a final reckoning with the power of Sauron. In addition to narrating the prose passages, Rob Inglis sings the trilogy's songs and poems a capella, using melodies composed by Inglis and Claudia Howard, the Recorded Books studio director. This recording also contains Tolkien's preface to the trilogy, including a prior history of the ring, and shire habitat, history, and folkways.

Reviews

The hard-copy versions look nice and all, but I wanted to know more about the Kindle edition. And I wasn't looking for reviews of the story. That's been the subject of glowing praise for decades. I got tired of trying to find a review that would answer the only question I had. Couldn't find one, so I finally broke down and BOUGHT the Kindle one-volume edition. And the answer is: Yes, the table of contents is all bundled together at the beginning, as opposed to having a separate T-o-C for each "volume" (stop sneering, I've seen other one-volume e-books where you have to skip through the whole first section to get to the table of contents for the second section). More importantly, the T-o-C actually works. That's right, I can go straight to any chapter by tapping that chapter on the T-o-C (again, other e-books had a static T-o-C where no amount of tapping would take me anywhere and I had to keep flipping pages to get to the chapter I wanted). Everything else seems to be functioning without problems. Dictionary, highlighting, synching between my Kindle and my phone, etc., all work perfectly. And in addition to being about half the cost of the three separate volumes, the one-volume edition helps to keep the scrolling at a minimum when searching through my library.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel